Here's what's new in 2023!
Daily Flow- More time out of your camper’s day will be spent with their counselor and their small group. This will bring their ability to form meaningful relationships and build a great team to the next level while at camp.
Camper Age- We have made the decision to change our day camp age availability to serve rising 1st grade-rising 6th grade. This decision was made for several reasons, the main one being we saw very low registrations of kindergarten campers (1-4/week). This will allow more even groupings and less chance of your camper moving groups throughout the summer.
Registration + Cancellations- We will be closing registration for camps the Thursday before the camp starts unless there is a cancellation. Cancellations with a refund will now be allowed up to a week before your week of camp starts. We will not issue refunds if a camp is canceled less than a week before it begins.
About Lazy F Day Camps
Lazy F has been offering faith-based overnight youth camping programs since 1954 – so we know a thing or two about youth development and recreation. In light of the growing need for summer childcare in Kittitas County, we have decided to offer day camps for our local families.
Lazy F offers the only ACA Accredited Day Camps in Kittitas County. You can read more about ACA Accredidation below
Our program is outdoor-focused. Your camper will spend about 70-80% of their time here with their peers in the outdoors. Situated in the Manastash Canyon, we can offer your camper the outdoor experiences that are frequently missing from modern life – playing in the creek, chasing frogs by the pond, running through the meadows hidden in our forest – as well as classic camp games and activities.
- Registration: Registration is open. The program is broken down into 9 week-long sessions. You can register your camper for as many or as few weeks as you like. If you intend to have your camper with us for the whole summer, we encourage you to register as soon as possible as we cannot guarantee spots. We use the online registration platform Campbrain.
- Price: The price for registration is per week per child. This includes all activities and meals. A $50 non-refundable deposit is due at time of registration. We offer a standard payment plan that bills on the first of each month from your time of registration through August 1st.
- Financial Aid: We understand that a summer camp experience can be a big expense. We want to do our part to make it affordable. The financial aid application is an optional part of registration. If you would like to apply for financial aid or an extended payment plan, follow the registration process until you see the Financial Aid Application form. Complete it and follow the directions provided in the form.
- Food: As a part of the registration fee, we provide campers breakfast, lunch, a morning snack, and an afternoon snack. We are happy to accommodate your camper’s dietary restrictions.
- Transportation: We are offering transportation from SuperOne this summer. Transportation is resereved weekly as a part of the registration process. Currently we are limited to 12 cameprs. Financial aid is available for transportation.
Review our 2023 Parent Packet HERE
American Camp Association accreditation is the best indicator of a camp’s commitment to safety, experiential education practices, and growth-oriented programming.
To maintain our accreditation, we voluntarily undergo regular reviews of our operations. This is not only a paperwork review but also includes an in-person review by ACA standards reviewers during our camp operations. You don’t have to just take our word that we know camper safety and development, the ACA vouches for that.
If you are interested in learning more about the accreditation process and why accreditation makes a difference, click here to view for an article on why many parents choose an ACA-accredited camp.
Let’s Go to Camp!
Click here to learn about the different ways to register for camp:
Dates and Themes:
Week 2: July 3rd-July 7th “Knights of Camp-o-Lot”
Week 3: July 10th-14th “The search for Morris the cowboy sasquatch”
Week 4: July 17th-21st “Somewhat super”
Week 5: July 24th-28th “Christmas in July”
Week 6: July 31st – August 4th “The 2nd Annual Canyon Cup”
Week 7: August 7th – August 11th “Shipwrecked”
Week 8: August 14th – August 18th “Mystery in the Manastash Canyon”
Week 9: August 21st – August 25th “Into the wild”
Campers entering 1st – 6th grade.
Before January 1, 2023 – $250
Between January 1 and April 1, 2023 – $255
April 1, 2023 and later – $265
At Lazy F, we believe that everyone should be able to experience camp. Many forms of Financial aid are available. We’ve made it easy to apply for financial aid by putting the application right in the registration process.
Packing lists, driving directions and FAQs visit: